Blueberry Chocolate Cupcakes

Monday, June 11, 2012 § 0


A few weeks ago I needed a last minute desert for a party, so I searched the pantry to see what I could come up with. There are recipes all over Pintrest and the blog world for different ways to make a box cake, so I gave it a try with what was on hand... Chocolate cake mix and blueberry  pie filling.  The results were a very pleasant surprise, perfectly moist cupcakes with just enough fruit taste to set them apart from your usual chocolate. I made them on a Thursday  thinking they would be eaten Friday night, but the get together was delayed until Sunday. I was a little worried they would be dried out after a few days in my cupcake container, but they were just as moist and perfect as the day they were baked (and I know, because I sampled one both days)! 


Blueberry Chocolate Cupcakes

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can blueberry pie filling
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients. Put 1/4 cup of the mixture into each cupcake liner, bake as directed on the box. 

I frosted with plain chocolate frosting just prior to serving. 

The cake mix and pie filling combinations are truly endless! 

What's this?

You are currently reading Blueberry Chocolate Cupcakes at The Lazy Maker.

meta

§ Leave a Reply