Simple Fruit Crisp

Monday, January 30, 2012 § 0

I really wish  I had a picture of this to share with you, but it was a last minute bake and I completely forgot! I used pears, but you could try lots of different fruits. I love that all of the ingredients are usually in my kitchen. It's easy to throw together for last minute guests, or to use up the forgotten fruit in the back of the fridge. I think the brown sugar baked in the fruit makes this delicious!

filling:

~3 cups fruit (peeled, seeded and chopped-I used 3 pears)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

crisp topping:

1/2 c. oats
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 375. Toss fruit in lemon juice then mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and brown sugar.  Put mixture in a greased 8x8 or 9x5 baking dish. In another bowl mix oats, butter, brown sugar and salt- go ahead and use your hands, it works best. Crumble over fruit.  Bake 30-45 minutes. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!



What's this?

You are currently reading Simple Fruit Crisp at The Lazy Maker.

meta

§ Leave a Reply